Matthew Lieser LCPC Owner / Psychotherapist
From the Peace Corps in Guatemala, to international business with a fortune 500 company, to 6 years in religious life, my paradigm is one of compassion for those that are deemed less by society and those that endure injustice and suffering. My approach to counseling is to release you from undue suffering based on a false sense of identity in order to uncover your true self and deepest desires.
I believe there are many paths to fulfillment however the same formula that works for each of us; a sense of connection and intimacy with others and purpose which drives our actions. The key to connection and purpose lies in each session as we collaboratively work to uncover your authentic self and overcome obstacles that prevent authentic living.
I hold a degree in Pastoral Counseling from Loyola University and have over 9 years of experience in mental health counseling.
I specialize in:
• Adolescents & young adults
• Couples, sexuality, healthy relationships
• EMDR Trauma informed therapy
The Enneagram and spiritual work.
• Bilingual counseling in Spanish
• Certification as a spiritual director
• Training in Ignatian discernment and decision making skills
• Skills for introspection and outward analysis
• Self- talk that heals wounds
• Mindfulness techniques to help manage pain
• Discerning your truth and clarity from the lies that surround you
My clients, no matter their gender and orientation learn to love deeply, live fully, and find a passion to share their internal gifts and beauty with whom they come into contact. Expect to grow in self-awareness, purity of intention and a life free of undue suffering and disappointment. Meaning, purpose and transformation should be a part of everyone’s journey.