Stephen Brown LCSW
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) with over 10 years of therapeutic experience. I entered the social work field to fulfill my passion for helping the most vulnerable among us. I have been enriched by my experiences working with persons with serious mental illness, substance use disorders and homelessness in the emergency room at the University of Illinois Hospital.
My career in Social Work has instilled in me a compassion to work with those most marginalized among us. As I have found purpose in my path I want to help others find similarly, meaning and purpose which leads to deeper fulfillment. I provide guidance and support during stressful life transitions while discovering your truest identity and desires. I want to help you transform from feeling stuck into finding meaning and mission. I work with helping you find your calling! I also provide relationship counseling based on the Gottman Methodology.
· The work we do in a session will allow you to build skills that combat depression and anxiety.
· I work to help my clients heal from grief and trauma.
· I provide guidance and support during life transitions and assist you in delving into your truest desires. It is a privilege to walk with you and witness the transformation from a life of feeling stuck into having a meaningful and mission driven life.
· If you are struggling with your job or career, I can take you on a journey to find greater satisfaction in your present job or help you transition to one that is more meaningful and satisfying.
· I also have experience with motivational interviewing and strengthening your resolve to overcome substance use issues.
I am trained in Gottman method for couples work and can assist in building back healthy intimacy and communication.
My style is eclectic, integrating the best of evidence-based treatment modalities. I have seen amazing results assisting my clients by using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. In these sessions we learn to overcome:
· unhealthy self - talk,
· anxious rumination,
· distorted beliefs that cause unwanted behaviors,
· all the while learning to remain at peace in the present moment.
As a person of faith, I can help you develop a more robust spiritual life. I work with those who have a desire to find their authentic spiritual identity.
I believe that everyone has exceptional natural strengths and aptitudes and I look forward to helping you tap into yours! Through treatment my clients learn how fulfilling life truly can be!